CNP is looking for someone to join our DC office!
Capstone National Partners is a bi-partisan government affairs and public relations firm headquartered in Washington DC. Capstone helps a nationwide client base of businesses, research institutions and non-profit organizations interact with the Federal government.
We are looking for an Associate in our Washington, DC office. This position is full-time, permanent and subject to successful completion of a three-month probation period. The position requires a competent, highly organized individual.
- – At least some Capitol Hill work and/or internship experience.
- – Strong oral, verbal and written communication skills.
- – Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- – Excellent research, editing and writing skills. Advanced internet research skills, familiarity with legislative tracking services.
- – Attention to detail, a great attitude and a strong work ethic.
- – Pro-active individual able to maintain organization in a fast paced environment.
- – Ability to work well with clients and vendors.
- – Exceptional telephone communication skills.
- – Exhibits initiative, responsibility and flexibility.
- – Possess a thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office products and office procedures.
- – Maintain calendars for senior staff.
- – Arrange and coordinate Capstone/client meetings with Congressional staff, federal agencies, etc.
- – Schedule/confirm all client meetings.
- – Make all travel arrangements, including flights, hotel, and on-the-ground arrangements.
- – Collect receipts, track, and submit expense reports.
- – Provide general support for the office.
- – Assist senior staff in developing and implementing congressional and executive branch strategies and action plans for Capstone clients.
- – Attend congressional hearings and briefings on behalf of our clients, effectively write up salient issues and disseminate to appropriate stakeholders.
- – Analyze and monitor federal legislative and regulatory actions that impact Capstone clients.
- – Assist in coordinating client federal advocacy activities.
- – Manage special projects as assigned and other duties as needed.
If you are interested, please send your resume and cover letter to Erik Oksala: firstname.lastname@example.org